After our successful come-back festival last year, we are looking forward to a full-scale, really exciting festival in 2022 with both live and virtual events. The festival will run from Saturday 11 June to Sunday 10 July.
The entry window for this year’s Festival of Chichester is now open. We invite you to submit your entries before Sunday 13 February 2022 using our online entry system.
To submit your entry, please visit our Take Part page. This gives you all the info you need to know about the entry procedure and includes a help video.
We will let you know when your proposed event has been moderated and accepted into the programme. We are particularly keen to avoid any clashes of similar events being put on at the same time. If a clash occurs, we will discuss with you how best to reschedule the programme to avoid this happening.
• The application fee for a single event entry form is £20. For events with multiple dates the fee is £30.
• We aim to have only one event in any specific genre on at one time to avoid clashes (e.g. one classical concert on any given lunchtime or evening; a jazz concert against a classical concert would not constitute a clash as it’s in a different genre). Slots are: morning / lunchtime / afternoon / evening. If potentially harmful clashes arise, you may be asked to consider moving the time or day of your event, or changing the genre.
• Significant known dates for large scale classical concerts with professional orchestras or large choirs in Chichester Cathedral are Saturday 18 June, Thursday 30 June and Thursday 7 July, all at 7.30pm. There is classical music and spoken word performance in the Cathedral on Tuesday 5 July and an orchestral concert at St Paul’s on Saturday 9 July. Please avoid clashing with these events in the classical music genre. Events in other genres are fine.
• Please do not organise an event which clashes with our Festival Launch, 2-4pm, on Cathedral Green on Sat 11 June. Please time any events on this day to begin after 4pm, with the exception of ChiFest at the College, which traditionally takes place on the opening Saturday.
• Also please remember to use the festival logo and credit the festival in all your publicity.
One of the conditions of entry is that participants share information about the wider Festival with their members/contacts. Working co-operatively together is our shared aim.
Entry window closes Monday 31 January
Events published online Friday 25 March
Distribution of brochures starts Monday 28 March
Box Office launch at The Novium in w/c Monday 4 April
Festival Launch Saturday 11 June
We had a fantastic festival in 2021 – let’s make it bigger and better in 2022.
By the way, in case you are looking for a new venue, or checking an existing one, we have created web pages for many of the venues available in the area.
In the event of any difficulties, please contact Support for technical issues or the Co-ordinator for issues and dates relating to your events – see the contact details below.
Festival Co-ordinator, on behalf of the Festival of Chichester Committee